Thread: Windows 8
View Single Post
Confused
Default   #29  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
I agree with every point you made except "Macs are not good for gamers." The fact is they're just as good at running games as a PC; it's just that a lot of game developers are lazy and don't release for Mac. But a lot DO -- Valve and Blizzard ship cross-platform, for example.

It's the attitude that "Macs aren't good for gamers" that MAKES Macs not good for gamers. If fewer people said that, more developers would find it worth shipping for Mac.
Regardless of the reasons, that still means that if you want to primarily run games, PCs are a better choice. Just like if you want to play a mario game, the Wii (or Wii U, now) is your best choice for console. It's not that the other consoles can't run it, but they just don't make them for other consoles, so they're not good for it.

Anyway, I don't know how customizable macs are, if it's easy to just alter pieces of hardware or not. If it's not, then I would argue that there is another way a PC would be better. As games increase in requirements, you will inevitably need to upgrade. With my PC, I can easily just upgrade, say, my video card, and spend like 100 bucks, versus having to buy a whole new mac at like a thousand bucks. But again, I don't know if you can easily change hardware on a mac. If you can, this point is not really valid.

But, what it really comes down to for me, above all else, is price. I think macs are just seriously overpriced. And even if macs can run games just as well, that's still just as well for twice the money. Therefore, PC > Mac in that case, because spending extra money for an apple symbol on your computer is silly.
Old Posted 11-24-2012, 05:26 PM Reply With Quote