Thread: Windows 8
View Single Post
Lost in a Memory
I want to put a windows 8 on another drive just to play with it, but I worry about the resource hogging. It's always been an issue with windows of course but from what I remember playing around with a pre-release of 8 it was so difficult turning off programs o.0! I'm sure I missed something telling you how to do it but I don't know.. pretty graphics are fun and all but if it messes with my Guild Wars (or more likely FFXIV) then I'll probably just leave it as a novelty.. like when I play around with different linux builds just 'cause xD

@Alpha I got a ton of kinks out of windows vista myself but due to self-ridicule (and like the third rootkit for simply being ON the internet) I upgraded to 7 asap. I can't live without my "snip" feature now! Ahh, the good old days of fixing all of my family members' vista machines.. not! :P

As an aside, I remember my dad putting on windows XP as an upgrade from windows 98 and I was so devastated because a ton of my games wouldn't work xD... I eventually got over that and enjoyed XP for a long time. I had it on an old box 'til my mother killed it (I can download FREEGAMEZPLUS, rite?)
Old Posted 11-08-2012, 12:16 AM Reply With Quote