View Single Post
Truthwatcher
Ugh. Getting really frustrated trying to find cute vintage style shirts.
Bought a couple on Amazon (because they were cheap but still looked cute) but the size charts (and just...being made in a country with different general sizes as well) make it almost impossible to get a good fit. Like the best one of the two I got is a medium and is almost too big still in the chest, shoulders, and arms, but a near perfect fit in the waist and hips. So I could maybe try a small, but what if it doesn't fit at all?

So then I also picked up a couple shirt from an Etsy shop and they fit (I assume though it was hard to tell for sure for a reason I'll mention soon) very well in the chest, shoulders, and waist, but were a bit too short even with me wearing a high-waisted skirt , and the sleeves were so tight that I couldn't even get the cuffs up past my elbows. Like...the picture of them showed looser, long (about elbow-length) sleeves but they were so freaking tight. Like...sorry that my chest and waist measurements are misleading, but I'm actually a pretty tall person with arms bigger than a broom handle.
Ugh.

But I can't really find any vintage blouse patterns that I like either so even making my own is getting to be a nightmare.

Anyway, rant over.

Tldr; vintage style shirts are so hard to find at affordable prices and I can't find any patterns I like either. XP

So....how's everyone else doing?
Old Posted 05-20-2022, 02:31 PM Reply With Quote