Thread: The Daily Awful
View Single Post
Truthwatcher
Default   #2117  
Got stuck working a long shift today when I'm already tired and cranky. Did use it as an excuse to order food from my fave place though, so it wasn't all awful.
Still. Gotta suffer through 4.5 more hours when I should have been going home in 30 minutes so I'm a grumpus.

And also had the supervisor say "I owe you big", but in that tone that says "I'll thank you a few times for covering the shift, but will not do anything else to show appreciation for it". Which is what I'm used to tbh so it's fine. Except in the 4+ years that I've worked here, I've picked up countless shifts like this, come in on days off dozens upon dozens of times, have never called off, been late by more than 5 minutes, or just not shown up (even the times I should have like when I sprained my wrist or the time I fell and pulled a glute) and have only requested off MAYBE 5 days in total. Soooo.....yeah. You're welcome for saving your butt. Again. (I mean, I don't really feel super entitled to a big prize or anything, but like....maybe buy me a coffee one day? Or even just a quick little thank you note to really show that you mean it when you say "I owe you big" in that distracted "I'm just going through the motions but don't actually care" tone.)
Old Posted 12-22-2021, 08:33 PM Reply With Quote