View Single Post
The Dragon Reborn
Rhys
As he made his way through the fog, Rhys began to sense a dark power coming from the light ahead of him.
This has to have something to do with that portal. he thought to himself.
He was close now. He could even hear a pulsating hum from ahead. Also cracks of energy popped and sparked from ahead. One second he was inside the thick wall of fog, and the next he stepped into a clearing. The fog formed a dome around him. In the center of the clearing there was a large gateway of some kind.
"I assume you are intrigued as to the meaning of our object." a voice sounded as a figure appeared from the far side of the clearing. "as well as why you cannot leave the area."
As he approached, Rhys saw that the figure was a tall man in rich dressings. He wore leather gloves of a texture that was not that of a cow.
"You see, we need those such as yourself in order to complete our plans. I'm sure you've noticed the portal over the center of you lands. As of now, it is not active. However, thanks to you as well as several others, that will soon be rectified."
Rhys chuckled.
"Well, only if you say please." he joked. "But seriously, anyone with any kind of connection to the arcane can sense the evil from that thing, and I can tell you that the only part I will have in interacting with it is to see it closed."
"You act as if you will have a choice." The man said as his eyes began to glow red. "You will be the first step to our plot. When we are done, this world will be renewed to our liking!"
He blasted his hand forward and a lance of energy flashed toward Rhys. He twisted to the side narrowly avoiding the attack.
"You'll have to do batter than that if you want to kill me." He said as he retorted with a burst of flames. The man spun his hand in front of him and the fire struck a shield.
"You would have no use to me dead. And you may wish to think twice of you thought I missed" He whispered.
Rhys looked back just before he was engulfed by a violet wave of energy. His body surged with pain as he fell to the ground. Than darkness came.
Old Posted 03-13-2011, 04:21 AM Reply With Quote