View Single Post
Developer
Default   #17  
Magic is way harder than chess. Chess is comparatively simple; despite the depth of its strategies, there aren't very many rules and those rules are straightforward, and both players always know everything there is to know about the state of the game.

However, the basics of MtG aren't too terribly bad. You can go a long way just knowing the basic flow and reading what's written on the cards. In a way, Magic is a little easier to get into than chess because the game itself guides you along the way instead of having to learn a whole lot of stuff before you can even get started.

Blue definitely does sound like you, Espy. And the blue-synergizing part of black also sounds like it'd fit you, although the whole of black maybe not so much. (Could be more than I realize though; I know there's a lot about you I DON'T know.)

Surprisingly, considering how I play in basically everything else, I tend to prefer green/white despite blue being more apt to my personality type.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-20-2019, 12:08 PM Reply With Quote