View Single Post
Desolation Denizen
Default   #7  
Does he... does he not... seriously? Do I look that different with all this on? Either that, or I made that little of an impression on him. Knew I should have him kicked him harder that day out by the dam.

That wasn't necessarily a bad thing, though. The prospect of avoiding detection was still on the table, assuming she could get through this next bit of uncomfortable inquiry. Silently praying to Lyssa that whoever it was wouldn't see either of them, her hopes were quickly dashed as the rough-looking man in servant's garb turned the corner of the landing, nearly stumbling right into her.

"What by Grenth!" The man shrank back in alarm, his oversized coat slipping to reveal the hilts of several knives strapped to his waist.

"Oh, I'm sorry little lady, I was just checking to make sure those flea-ridden Charr weren't getting into the master's personal chambers. Speaking of, might I ask what you're doing up here?"

"Well, you see," Tsae said as sweetly as she could, sauntering closer to the obviously-not-a-real-employee-of-Caudecus, chewing on a fingernail in mock nervousness, close enough that reaching his weapons would be problematic. With a snap, she has her pistol pressed against his stomach.

"Look. I don't care who you really are or what you're planning here. It isn't my business and mine isn't yours. So why don't we forget this conversation ever happened and you can get back to killing the Queen or whatever it is you're planning, and I'll be on my way?"

I should really just leave. But... what better cover for an assassination than total chaos? Just have to handle this properly.

Judging by the man's expression and his surface thoughts, he was vacillating between being properly handled and gambling that he could overpower the ninety-pound girl threatening to kill him before she could get a shot off.

Tsae considered it a mark of personal growth that she would actually prefer the former.

Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 07-08-2016, 10:12 PM Reply With Quote