View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #15  
Christoval paused for a moment at the woman's comment. And then shrugged. "Tell you what. I'll teach you a bit, if you can give me a bit more knowledge about Daughter pyromancy. Does that sound like a deal?" He asked, fidgeting in place, and earning himself a rather dry glance from Wisp, who sucked her teeth and shook her head at the two. "Well, that's the good thing about this all. I'm sure your mentor isn't gonna kill me the first time I spar with her though, right? Well, I would hope I was right." Christoval said with a small, desperate chuckle, before sniffling a bit and trying to search for something else to talk about. His mind came up blank and he stammered for a second, soon bringing up his nails to bite at them before he was saved by Wisp.

"Well, surely if your mentor was almighty, she would be able to reverse a simple hex such as that. I'm merely testing her mettle is all." Wisp said rather innocently, clicking her heels together and then sighing. It all went over this one's head, did it not? Taking a deep, intentional breath and then exhaling slowly, she cocked her head to the side and slowly quirked a brow. "I'm kidding. I'm not hurting your precious little halfling trainer. What I'm doing is none of your business to be frank, Daughter-to-be." Wisp said, before leaning back at the sudden moment the girl got a little bit bigger than her britches would allow. Sensing a chance to at least flex her own muscle, Wisp stood up from her chair, shadows around the three seemingly growing a bit bigger and darker as Wisp smiled at the woman. "Oh don't worry. i do have a rather dire favor for you then. Something to please the darkest manner of lords that grant me power." She hummed, before flopping back into her chair; shadows and light resuming back to normalcy (Christoval looking none to pleased over the ordeal as well.) "Go forth. Grab me an ale in exchange for the books, I suppose. I don't have any urge to get up and speak to someone for it at the counter. People are terrible and I hate them."

Christoval looked at the two and frowned for a moment, excusing himself from the table and then moving over towards Kastivi. "If you don't mind, Wisp. I'm just gonna grab my own pint as well. I can finish packing after a drink or two." He said with a shrug of his shoulders; Wisp pulling up a book to cover her now-smiling features. "Should I make sure to knock on the door to our room? The last thing I need is to see my pupil deep inside a thorough studying session with an apprentice Daughter."

Christoval went beet red, and looked at Kastivi. "...She's kidding."

"I'm being precautious."
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 01-08-2018, 09:46 PM Reply With Quote