View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #7  
Wisp half-listened to the halfling, mimicking her words silently as her eyes rolled - Wisp opening and closing her hand. The insults about books were more or less ancient history. It was a standard insult to any sort of mage, and she wasn't going to let Arabella get any sliver of satisfaction from irritation. Christoval paused in his packing for a moment, watching the exchange as well and shaking his head, doing his best to stay out of the two veteran's banter. "Only when necessary. I suppose that means every time one of you stub a toe, as I've never seen anyone of your little cult hesitate to burn thing down." Wisp paused for a moment when it came to the implied threat from Arabella, and she looked over towards the halfling's charge, whispering to her self and then snapping a finger at the human. "Perhaps your books never told you to tread carefully with Dark Mages. It would be a shame if I happened to have slipped a finger and hexed her." Of course there was no wind of dark magic in the air. Just threats and instigation.

Of course though, things just seemed to never stay neutral for Christoval and the young man found himself searching for words to try and retort Arabella (And maybe earn a nod from Wisp.) The knight rubbing his temple for a moment and puffing his cheeks. "I know there's a difference between brave and foolhardy. I'm not that green, courtesy of my mentor. I could probably take you on if the situation needed." He said with a small shrug, looking towards Wisp, who had raised a brow at the man, before waving a hand at him. "Oh please, Sir Christo. I don't need a savior. I just need a shelf higher than five feet, and one of her books." The two snickered for a moment and Christoval peeked at Arabella, before turning back to Kastivi.

"I always said I sounded like some sorta fancy knight or something back when I was really young. Used to carry a sharpened stick around like a sword until I poked my dad, and he whipped my behind raw." Cue a nervous laugh, and Christoval pulling out a flintlock pistol from his cloak, making sure it was empty and unprimed, before tucking it into his knapsack. His mind raced back to his younger years, and he couldn't suppress the smile on his face while memories flooded into being. His first time riding a horse, and falling off. The "Armor" he had made out of a few planks of wood, that had managed to save his life when his brother had shot him on accident with a arquebus. "Oh um? The comments about Wisp? I know a few of them are warrented. She's kinda...Mean. And a bit venomous. I can't make any comments on the harlotry or anything. Nor would I really wanna find out."

Wisp reached over and grabbed Christoval by the ear, twisting it and making him wince and squeak in pain while she snerked at Arabella. "If you think I can't mentor anything, your quite blatantly wrong, Arabella. I don't have the luxury of parading around as a cultist, while the populace kisses your fire-breathing arse." Wisp spat out, twisting Christo's ear even hard and making him push her away - Wisp letting go. A nerve was finally struck, and Wisp leaned in towards Arabella. "It's no wonder your putrid goddess is only followed by daughters. No one else would want to worship her knowing something akin to you was a follwer."

"Whoa hey, enough." Christoval barked out, looking towards both elders and frowning at them. They were supposed to be working together, and the last thing he needed was two powerful mages hurling spells at each other. He didn't have the urge, or the prep time to even deal with the two if that happened. "If you're going to fight, you're going to do it after we help these people with the goblin problem. I'll...I'll smack both of your heads together if I have to." Christoval clenched a fist and then released it, Wisp looking towards him, and then pushing herself away from Arabella, the dark mage crossing her legs and then turning her head to side with a small 'Hmph.'

"Well, we're stuck with them anyway, Christoval. I suppose a mentor's lesson is in order. Enjoy watching them get all the glory while you slug and carry us through the thick of it. The guild doesn't give two shits towards us freelancers, so much as they care about the larger groups."

Christoval peered towards both of the daughters for a moment, and frowned. It couldn't be true, could it? No. Jealousy and anger weren't virtuous. "We'll see." Was all he replied, setting up his pack and then moving to take care of Wisp's.
Old Posted 12-31-2017, 05:33 AM Reply With Quote