View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
“We use our flames only when necessary,” Arabella spat back at the dark mage, “Not enough to change mapwide temperatures. But then, I suppose you didn't take to your books as well as maybe you should have.” Kastivi's eyes widened. Arabella was on fire, ehm, figuratively this time. It was almost out of character, but then, she'd seen Arabella in dealings with other adventurers, constantly questioning and demeaning their motives. To everyone else, the halfling was put on this pedestal of light that may as well have made her just a pinnacle of good. She never broke a law, and the gods would smite the earth completely before she ever uttered a swear word. “I suppose that depends on the item in question. If it's a snarky dark mage that intends on killing everyone in her party, fire works just fine...” Kastivi again clapped a hand over her mouth. Was that a threat?

Come to think of it, Kastivi had wondered what they were late for. Generally their adventures were just things they signed up for whenever they returned, which was frequent—considering the Daughters had a reputation to upkeep. Now she knew that they were there to meet up with these two specifically. Arabella folded her arms, looking again at the apprentice, “Running head first into a battle you cannot survive is how you die without helping anyone. Another body to the count. Has Wisp not taught you this?” Here, she shot a glare at the aforementioned dark mage, leaving Kastivi to awkwardly scratch the back of her head, noting that her master-esque tendencies extended to all apprentices rather than just her own. She nodded back up to the apprentice though, offering him the slightest of all slight smiles, as if giving him permission to speak openly with her actual apprentice.

“That's a nice name. It sounds like a knight, even. I think it suits you,” Kastivi said to the man with a sheepish grin. She wasn't particularly used to being allowed to speak to many people outside of their order given their small stays at various places. Sure, they had connections just about everywhere they went. They only needed to utter their organization's name, or in more dangerous areas the password, and they were granted stays at various inns, town halls, even once or twice a brothel. It seemed the Daughters had connections just about anywhere they went. A good reputation earned you things, apparently, and she'd just inherited this reputation through proxy. She wasn't about to complain about it. “Well, ah...I'm sure not all of them are warranted, surely...” she murmured, doing her best to not cast a glance at the spoken of.

Arabella had no problems offering her take though in saying, “Don't count on that,” under her breath. “That is false. We uphold good and your apprentice is an innocent. The difference between my apprentices and yours, dark mage, is the fact that mine walk out alive and proceed to their own missions that they more than often succeed at, rather than dying miserable deaths. Mine actually have a mentor.” Kastivi looked down, flushing. Her master really was on fire tonight and she looked up to Christoval.

“So uh...is it always like this?”

Arabella spoke to Kastivi before she could receive an answer, however, “Well, it seems as if the cat's out of the bag here, Sylkrana. Alright, yes. They did, but many hands make light work, as the saying goes. It will be completed faster and more efficiently with more on the job. So, truth be told, we don't need to sign up. We were appointed. So. It seems we're stuck with each other for a bit.”
Old Posted 12-30-2017, 02:36 AM Reply With Quote