View Single Post
We're all mad here.
It looks to me like people are perfectly willing to work on something like this, Taletha, they just might not be inclined to work on things in the way you are specifying. When dealing with a number of people, flexibility is required if things are to turn out well.

The points Nexess makes are valid. If Trisphee is trademarked then the site is entitled to ask for payment in order for someone to use its material if they are making money off of it.

Bear in mind you were also the one who said that the details of the project could wait until after we decide whether or not we actually want a comic. Well, people seem to want the comic, so now it's time to work out the details. Those details happen to mean that profit is out of the question, and I think for good reasons.

We don't have to solely resort to money to help the site out. Improving the user base would work too, and I think that might be where a fan comic would work best. One thing the comic could offer to artists would be advertising for themselves (assuming it's alright). Take your friend of a friend for instance. If he were so inclined, he could appear for a chapter or a couple comics as a guest artist, with links to pages that show the rest of his work if people who happen upon it decide they like his work. It gets him some more visibility, even it it's not a whole lot to start with.
Old Posted 04-11-2014, 01:19 AM Reply With Quote