View Single Post
Rebooting....
Default   #11  
I am actually, literally, twice your age. 48. Been a nerd pretty much since before I could walk. I was there at the dawn of the rise of Nerd Domination, when computer programming started being taught in high schools and Apple and IBM were first offering home computers for retail. We had the Atari. I think we also had ColecoVision.

I also have three cats, one of whom is an elderly lady, the other two young brothers we rescued from under the house where their feral mom had left them. We also have eight dogs, seven of which are one family of Chiweenies, half Dachshund and half Chihuahua, and one Jack Russell who is also getting to be an elderly lady. One of the Chiweenies, my Princess Winnifred, usually just Winnie, has appointed herself my nurse, checking on me regularly to make sure my blood sugars aren't dropping dangerously low. I've been living with type 2 diabetes since I was 26.

I guess the closest I have gotten to cosplay is dressing as The Joker when my baby brother Mike wanted to be Batman and my daughter, who was I think four, got to be Vicky Vale. The totality of her costume was a Polaroid camera, because the character's a journalist. I went all out and hand sewed a purple blazer and everything for my costume.

Kind of been watching Kill La Kill on Toonami, also Sword Art Online which is on right after it.
Old Posted 05-12-2015, 04:05 PM Reply With Quote