View Single Post
Writer
Ah yes, I have fond memories of the Uglies series as well, even though I've never read Mortal Instruments.

And what's that talk about decently written S&M? So far most books I got my hands on read disappointing for me in that way, either too exaggerated, too plain, or using the S&M parts as a plot device to outlaw minor side characters. Justine by de Sade, while slightly amusing, has proved not much more but a shallow concatenation of violence, whereas Reage's Story of O left all its characters twodimensional, like a tale of endless searching yet never truly arriving anywhere. I don't blame authors, I guess it's just incredibly hard to transform one's fantasy into a captivating plot, to preserve that electric sensation which tingles down the spine and makes a person crave for more.

Ironically my standards are much lower when it comes to more casual books. I've read quite a few novels I basically considered junk and yet still enjoyed reading. They were like... bad in a way that's also amusing ^^
Old Posted 01-04-2018, 12:32 PM Reply With Quote