Thread: The Daily Awful
View Single Post
Double Rainbow
I, too, have started my period recently. >:(

As far as products go, I used to exclusively use cloth pads.
I stopped using disposable pads and disposable period products altogether when I was 16. At that time, there was only a few sites that sold cloth pads. Such as, "Party in my Pants" and "Lunapads". And they were pretty expensive for a girl who didn't have her own money at that time. So I started sewing my own cloth pads and that's what I've used for years.

In 2015, I bought a DivaCup from my local co-op and I kinda used it for a while, but the learning curve was hard to get used to. At that time, I did a lot of swimming, so that was why I tried the DivaCup. I liked it much much better than tampons. The last time I tried a tampon, I ended up fainting because of how nervous I was about TSS, and also I usually am prone to fainting at the sight of blood...

ANYWAY.

I recently bought OrganiCup, I have two because they have a BOGO deal going on right now!
They're much much easier to pop in than the DivaCup, but they are smaller too, so they leak a bit more. :(
I no longer use cloth pads at all. I'm a cup girl through and through. Because I'm usually really lazy and I tend to forget when I have pads on, and my flow is really heavy, so I tend to leak through my cloth pads if I don't change them often enough. I used to wear cloth pads to bed and wear my DivaCup during the day,

But now it's much easier to use both OrganiCup and DivaCup. So I put in a cup right before I go to sleep, when I wake up, take it out, dump it out, then put another clean cup in for the rest of the day while my other cup is washed. It's much more convenient because I don't have to sleep with a towel in fear of my sheets getting bloodied, and I don't have to deal with that embarrassing "I'm-on-my-period", "fishy" smell because the cup prevents the blood from coming in contact with the air. I used to have a really bad 'smell' during my period , (but from what I hear from other vagina-owners, they all say that we are the only one who can smell that smell, and that it's much more prominent for us than the people around us!)

So yeah. That's what I use.

Daily Awful;
This is kinda more like weekly awful, but whatever!
So, I happened to be browsing through the reviews for our apartment building, come to find out that there have been at least three other people who live here who have been harassed and have had violent tenants act aggressively towards them. Which means that this problem we are having with this stalker dude is not anything new! Apparently this is what happens here. A couple of the reviews also mentioned that this apartment is "not safe" and the management doesn't care about the tenants safety.

Our neighbor and her roommate got locked out of their apartment two days ago and my mom was explaining to her about how this big guy threatened me and disrespected my space and that the manager had to physically get in front of him to prevent him from charging at me... And our neighbor said that she had almost the same, exact experience here! And she went to the police about it, and the person who threatened her was evicted 3-4 months later!

I want to see justice for this asshole who threatened me and it making me feel unsafe on my own home. It's to the point now where I don't feel safe walking around this building by myself. I am purchasing some pepper spray to carry around, if ever I need to go by myself to the mailbox or to the laundry room.

But now that I know that this is a common issue here in this building.. .I'm feel much less gung-ho about this man getting punished for what he did. I least now I know it's not just a problem with ME, it's a problem for ALL of us women here in this complex! At first I was very like, "I'm going to make sure this asshole doesn't get away with this! This is so disgusting that the manager here doesn't give a shit about my safety!" But now that I know this isn't just a "me" issue, all I really want to do now is live and let live, move out of this terrible apartment and live somewhere safer, somewhere nicer.

I know what goes around, comes around. This bastard will get his karma in due time... and honestly, I don't care anymore whether I am there to see it or not.
Still, my mom and I have composed a formal letter to tell the manager's boss about what's going on here. The safety concerns and the fact that the rules are not enforced, and if anything, those who try to enforce the rules are the ones punished! If this lady doesn't reply, we will have no choice but to involve police.
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 07-27-2020, 04:01 PM Reply With Quote