Thread: Anka Egg
View Single Post
The Illusionist
Default   #7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Yes, that's exactly the point. Why should we remove posting incentives when we're already sort of quiet on activity? That sounds like giving up.
I agree, but also I'd argue we have an avalanche of items we can waste money on, just not enough incentives to post and earn aurum when the site is as active as an old folk home.

Some of the most fun I had was the early days of the game forum and earning aurum playing forum games getting immediate dopamine rushes to each easy purchase of the item to build and play with. We have such a huge aurum sink with the option of dozens of colors for each item, the time to post and earn to make some avatars is a long time sink for the dopamines we get back from them.

Hosting double aurum days, returning the games forum to regular aurum amounts, and slowly building activity is what the site needs to do. And the best part all of that is easy to do on your end. You have the database filled with content, the market isn't destroyed in any way, you just lack activity.

Having every weekend for a month give double aurum will help rise activity. Just a thought.

Also another note, the double posting rule we have to post after another post. Activity is dead because when one person is actively trying to post, they are waiting for ages for someone to post, maybe pass their free time, and it takes ages to post again.

Few suggestions:
Notifications when someone quotes you/@'s you, just like the private message system.

Being able to make our profiles more like status updates sharing images, thoughts, or sharing quotes like modern social media sites. Or having the profile and main page integrated more into one in that aspect.

And being able to only upvote comments or to not vote up comments for a Reddit-like karma system. Just no downvoting.

edit:

Also, Panda, buying RIGs "AKA lootboxes" for money would put it under laws blocking the exchange of loot boxes in Europe if certain laws are passed. (And I greatly support them if they do). So making Anka eggs for money would contribute to a larger problem when I think the solution to the problem is more means to make things active, and or ways to be active when other people are not on the site.

Last edited by Illusion; 07-24-2019 at 08:31 PM.
Old Posted 07-24-2019, 08:02 PM Reply With Quote