View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
The three of them would have made quite the sight, Hyun carrying Ashi and Shaldag carrying the both of them. Ashi wouldn't complain though as their speed didn't seem affected by the added weight on the man as he plunged forward and made a successful landing on the ground below with a small gasp from the princess. When she opened her eyes again, Hyun was back on her feet and she was blinking as Shaldag explained himself, “Well, I very much appreciate that...I think just hearing another of my bones snap would be enough to make me hurl and that's the last thing we need right now..”

Under other circumstances, Ashi would have also laughed at Shaldag sending orders to Hyun and her mouthing off to him, but for now she just gulped, clutching the weapon she was given, “He's just trying to protect us...I think we're all on edge.” Ashi was whispering despite all of the noise that was going on around them. The din of the music was almost imperceptible here, but one could hear screams and gunfire. Were they Edensians? What did they want with her? The Daoweians maybe...but she didn't see any of them, at least, not before they made their retreat. Were the Edensians targeting the wrong place? She remembered hearing something about issues with the Edensians concerning the foul redhead, but he was on their ship already. An attack at the club would be pointless. Further, how did they find them?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Murai sighed, “Do you really believe you'll get any useful information out of them? I imagine if we let them live one or two of them will try to get smart and kill while we're not looking. But then, I suppose you have more experience with war than I. Gentlemen, you heard her. Keep the rest alive, bring them out and line them up. Interrogate them and ask about the two we intend to keep alive and if they've seen them. Report any information back to me.”

As he was giving the orders, one of his men approached, three perfectly obedient daweigos on his heels. “As commanded, sir.”

“Excellent,” Murai said approaching them and retrieving a small cloth and holding it out for the daweigos to smell. “Follow this scent. Viora, you said you wanted the princess alive for experimentation or something or other, correct? If you don't, I can give the order to kill her along with your target, if you wish.”

He straightened when the keeper of the dogs took them away to begin their job and he turned to face Viora, “I was unaware that your little gift required babysitting. I can have one of my men search for him if you think he'd be of use here?”
Old Posted 12-11-2017, 03:27 PM Reply With Quote