View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Ashi found herself relating heavily to the bags that Shaldag was slinging over his arms and shoulders. She was baggage. She was the Kia to Hyun's Zi, with the same likelihood of death looming in the future. It was true Kia lasted the longest so far, but if Zi's past girlfriends were any indication she would end up as dead as the rest.

She gulped looking up at the woman that would be saving her. Technically, again. “I...I believe you. Shaldag does what he can to make sure we both stay living...I'm just glad you both are on my side,” she said, half-mustering a smile, the parts that failed with the smile successfully conveying the terror she felt at being completely and utterly useless in this situation. She took the gun in her hand and she nodded with every command Hyun gave her, showing her understanding without interrupting the woman in charge. “Got it. Ehm. In theory. Hopefully we won't find out in practice...” She didn't like the idea of using Hyun as a shield, but she'd seen the regenerative ability that her girlfriend had, so once again, she was forced to believe her.

“Of all of the ways I imagined your room, Hyun,” Ashi said looking about her with a small laugh despite the circumstances, “This is not how I imagined it. But, I do like your choice of decorations.” Despite her fear, she couldn't help but pay attention to Shaldag's new burden, “Those are really first editions?! Wait. Like really?! I'm a princess and could only get my hands on a couple! You have an entire nightstand full of them?!”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“You and yours have done a most excellent job, Viora. I'm pleased that you have decided to join us,” Murai said with the steady smirk of one who is in charge talking to an equal. To him, Viora might as well have been a man. She bore all of the qualities it took to make an excellent man, anyway. “To be sure my men do as good of a job, I will stay behind with them and complete a sweet. You will ping me if you find the suspects on hand, I trust?”

As he asked this question, one of his men stepped forward in a salute, silent until bidden to speak, “Sir, no signs yet of the suspects. Most rooms have been cleared, men are heading toward the rear now. Further orders, sir?”

Murai cleared his throat, assessing the soldier in front of him. Young. Strong. A good man. The king had really granted him the best, “Ready the daweigo.” He reached into his pocket drawing out a piece of cloth that had been cut from a shirt or some sort of piece of clothing, “Give them this scent to go off of.”
Old Posted 11-21-2017, 12:16 AM Reply With Quote