Thread: Dear Trisphee;
View Single Post
Desolation Denizen
Default   #79  
That isn't necessarily to say, either, that the "clean slate" approach would just wholesale erase every single remnant of the old canon. I don't think anyone wants to completely alter Trisphee's identity that way. I should probably stress that the idea of a reset wasn't mine, and it actually took me a fair while to come around to agreeing with it.

But using your planet-alignment example, Illusion, I think you're being a bit uncharitable to the attempts that have made to fix things like that. Obviously, you weren't privy to those discussions, but in that particular instance, we had a lengthy thread debating and trying to come up with a satisfying explanation for the magic!physics of the three planets and Toamna, and we weren't able to iron it out in any way that really "worked". I can't read your mind; maybe you really do know better than all of us put together, but is it not also possible that you're oversimplifying something that is legitimately problematic enough to have us considering scrapping the entire project and starting over?

It wasn't just a whim that struck me one day; it's been a sentiment that's been brewing among the staff for at least a year now, and gaining more and more agreement as time has gone on.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 02-02-2015, 04:47 PM Reply With Quote