View Single Post
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #37  

"I understand," she said softly. "You have a choice, unlike me. Vampires never die, I'm going to be eighteen for the rest of my life. I will never age, but everyone around me will." Lucy found it hard to think about Jude not being around anymore, it was hard to think about all of his crew being gone. He was the only man who was kind and generous to her. He gave her things because she needed it, he didn't give her things to keep her quiet like her parents had. Lucy didn't feel neglected, she felt wanted. "I'm sorry, it was inappropriate of me to offer such a thing to you. You're a good man, Jude." she watched him begin to undress.

She turned away as he continued to undress, not too sure if she could look at him anymore. She had never been upset like this before. She had thought that he would accept her offer, when he said no she felt different. The only other time that someone denied her something was when she told her parents that she wanted to become a pirate and they were furious. Jude didn't seem furious. She didn't know what he was feeling or thinking.

Lucy convinced herself to finally get out of the bed. Does he not want me? She thought, then was surprised with herself for thinking such a thing. What's wrong with me? Lucy removed the filthy clothes then changed in to the ones Jude had left for her. She rolled up the sleeves and tied a little knot in the back to make the shirt fit better. The pants were loose, but they remained around her waist. Her eyes fell on the mirror and she looked at herself. Who am I?

Old Posted 07-30-2011, 05:12 PM