View Single Post
Mercury Poisoning!
Jude listened, and he listened well, he found it hard though, he understood everything she meant, every single word that came from her mouth. It made him uncomfortable. He knew that she wouldn't bite them, he had an odd trust that was designated for her. He didn't know why he trusted her, but at the meer thought of being immortal he took her hand. Slowly, he forced it away from his face. "No.. I.. I don't want to live forever.. I only want to live long enough..To see the world.." he whispered softly. "I don't need to live forever to be happy.. Like many people do.. I'm happy living for a day.. even a week.. I-.. " he looked down at her, her offer was tempting, possibly the most tempting thing he'd herd in a long time. But he couldn't accept. He thought of people dying alone, being forever alone and never getting over the fact that their loved ones had died. He knew if she bit him he wouldn't be a pure vampire.. He wouldn't have the chance to save someone he grew close to if she bit him. Did he really want to pay the price? Of watching everyone around him die.. While he could live forever.

"I'm sorry.. But I don't want to live forever.. I just want to be happy right now.." he hung his head as he grabbed his clothing off of the bed, pulling his shirt on, he grabbed his pants, stripping down he slid them on and tossed his dirty clothing into a basket that would be washed in the village. "You should hurry up and change Lucy, we have lots of work to do on deck." he said, his shaking hand, quivering as it ran through his hair. "I'm not scared to live forever.. I just don't wish too.." he said quietly as he closed the door so she could change in peace, heading towards the deck. He walked slowly, what was she going to say to him? He was curious.. Had she ever been denied of anything? He wondered, most princesses weren't used to being turned down, but he knew she wasn't like most princesses.. and it wasn't JUST because she was a vampire.
"Everyone else is either asleep or having sex. I've been watching cable television and eating jello."

-The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Old Posted 07-30-2011, 04:59 PM