View Single Post
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Recently discovered that Disney has altered a few words/lines in the Pocahontas song, Savages when I picked it up on dvd.
While I understand their reasoning for doing so (the lyrics changed were fairly minor changes like changing "kill" to "get" stuff like that to make it seem less bad/negative and minor changes to the terms used to describe the natives, even though it's literally a scene where the Native Americans and white settlers are arming up to go kill each other), I found it incredibly jarring to be singing along to a song and suddenly the lyrics I grew up singing were different.
You know, I understand the motivation behind changing the lyrics of Savages, but the whole point is to show how bad it is to think like that, so making it more tame kinda messes with the intended impact.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-11-2020, 12:34 PM Reply With Quote