View Single Post
We're all mad here.
Default   #29  
Posting again, but different topics. Is that bad?

So going over my last year's challenge I made my book a month goal, but it was mostly front loaded. I dropped off my book reviews for a couple months because of issues but I'm back at that now. Fingers crossed that I'll get the book I'm after tomorrow. It's sort of Lovecraft for adolescents, or looks that way. My last review was for the second book of a series about a rescue/rescuing dog and it came with a youth sampler for the publishing company's 2020 releases. Fun!

I'm still keeping in touch with youth books even though I haven't found any appropriate library work yet. I may just start a youtube channel or blog or something to go with my LibraryThing and do some little things like book talks and such.

I'm much further into Carry On now, and actually near the end. I'm surprised at how entertaining the book has been. Baz is an absolutely delightful bastard and Simon...not sure yet but I love the interplay. Though it did throw me for a loop a bit when I discovered mid novel (when the author actually gets around to significant descriptions) that I had the cover character backwards.

I bumped into Rainbow Rowell by accident but recalled seeing her book Fangirl around. Fangirl is about a girl who's devoted to writing fan fiction about a character called Simon Snow, and Carry On is (now) the fiction that Fangirl writes about. I'll probably read Fangirl, since I read fanfiction now and then anyway and it's already there. Not sure I'll pick up Wayward Son though, if it's as dramatic and emotional as reviews seem to say.
Old Posted 01-01-2020, 07:44 AM Reply With Quote