View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #13  
"I would but you know, trade secrets and all of that." Christoval snickered, giving the woman a wink and then shrugging his shoulders. His creativeness just seemed to be a knack half the time more than anything. IT had managed to win him a few spars when it came down to dueling with Wisp, even though she had a habit of cheating. Still, not every creature in the world fought fairly, so lessons learned there as well. "But I mean, all you gotta do is just observe. You keep studying what's going on, and eventually you'll find an opening in anyone. Bet you a few coppers if your master sparred with me, I'd win at least once, if only because I'd find a pattern or a weakness in something." Christo said proudly, puffing out his chest and wriggling in place. Sparring with Wisp in general was one of his favorite things in the world. For a magic-heavy mage, the woman seemed to be rather spry on her feet when it came to dodging wooden weapons and dulled and safe arrows.

Wisp seemed more or less tolerant of the new girl, and a few eyes were locked on the trio as they noticed someone besides her chosen apprentice was lurking around near the dark mage. Covering her mouth and wiping a bit of bloody drool from her lips with the kerchief Kastivi had given her, the dark mage quirked a brow slowly at Kastivi for a moment and scowled, before tucking away the kerchief for herself. Let's see if she'd ask for it back. "Whose bones am I trying to break? Arabella's. She annoyed me." Wisp hummed, forming the words across her lips again and this time getting them right; a small crack of dark smoke flowing out of her mouth and drifting into the air before dissipating. More lies of course. It was just some simple incantations for keeping herself awake. But Kastivi was a daughter. And from what Wisp had experienced, they had a habit of not getting jokes.

"You want my book? I don't think your master would enjoy having to owe me a favor for assisting you. Because I will call one on her." Wisp chimed matter-of-factly, wriggling her foot and then recrossing her legs, only to make a bit of a grunt and then shrug a shoulder. "Actually, do borrow it. I'd love to see the look on Arabella's face when you're being helped by me. And feel free to help yourself to my other books as well."

Sure most of them were about rather heinous magical rites. But you couldn't keep a newbie closeted from them forever, right?
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 01-04-2018, 03:53 AM Reply With Quote