View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #5  
Wisp couldn't help but chuckle softly to herself, bringing a hand and pretended it was a cough before quirking a brow at Kastivi. The girl seemed to be pining for those compliments, it seemed. And actually hearing them from Arabella? The girl must have had some show of promise when it came to hurling fire. Of course her mind soured almost immediately. That's all those Daughters were good for. Burning things. At least she could do more than just destroy things. She could torment and hex them. "With all these daughters, you would think that the world would be warmer. Huh." Wisp commented with a nonchalant shrug, before clicking her tongue. "I suppose your means of reaching resort to summoned stepping-stools and burning everything down to a more reasonable, crispy height."

Christoval looked less than thrilled when it came to Arabella's response; the young man sucking his teeth and then shooting a concerned look at Wisp, only to receive nothing in return. Same dead glare she gave just about everything. Great. "Well...Uh. Horrible death or not. Can't be a knight if I don't rush towards something dangerous that could kill me." He said, brushing a bit of lint off of his shoulder, and then moving the hand up to his forehead to pick at it with his nails in nervousness. "Well, I haven't really heard about you guys on the farm. Mom and Dad were more busy with important things like making enough food. Not, not to say you guys are unimportant." He added quickly, beaming sheepishly at Arabella.

Kastivi's hand however proved a decent excuse to end the conversation, and he took it, shaking it gently and putting on a small smile for the dark-skinned woman. "Christoval! That's my name. I think you heard her name, but if not, that's Wisp. Everyone calls her that, among other, less mentionable things." He said with a chuckle, before rubbing the back of his head and turning red in the cheeks. Some of those names Wisp had been called brought that blush to his face. Barn-Talk. That's what mama used to call it. Remembering his task, Christoval snapped to, and began to grab knapsacks behind him, pulling one up to the table and beginning to pack it with various things he kept in his cloak.

Wisp let out a small, sarcastic cheer at Arabella, before rolling her eyes and flaring her nostrils at Arabella, pale hands reaching up to push the mane of silky black hair back into place on the dark mage. "For his sake? You Daughters don't seem to give a shit about anything other than reputation. Why the concern over -my- apprentice. You should be watching yours. Would be a shame if a Goblin stuck her in the back." Wisp said venomously, a bit of purple balefire ekeing out of her eyes before fading away. "Spill it. What is your game here? Did the Guild send you to monitor me?"
Old Posted 12-30-2017, 02:09 AM Reply With Quote