View Single Post
Fresh meat :D
Nikki sat alone in her room with the lights off and her stereo playing the random mix of songs she had for a night like this. A night where the rain pounded on the roof of her house: her brother out on some nightly excursion that she didn't know and her mother working late. However, what did bug her, what tore deep into her heart and soul was the thoughts that were forever tangled into a mess of friendship and love. A random song came onto her CD and she realized it was that country song Haruka had put on, using her bizarre ninja skills that were unquestionably pro.

I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house
That don't bother me
I can take a few tears now and then and just let 'em out

I'm not afraid to cry every once in a while even though
Goin' on with you gone still upsets me
There are days every now and again I pretend I'm okay
But that's not what gets me

Crying, yeah that was what she was doing tonight, like every night like this one. She was crying because…because…

What hurts the most
Was being so close
And havin' so much to say
And watchin' you walk away

And never knowin'
What could've been
And not seein' that lovin' you
Is what I was tryin' to do

She was in love with her best friend and she didn't know how to tell her. She had been by this girls side for years on end. Practically grew up with her in this neighborhood. Every night since she saw that long beautiful hair and those beautiful brown eyes she couldn't escape from her wants. That painful clench in her heart, the constant worrying when she wasn't insight, the skip in her step, the music in her soul... She knew it all too well what those feelings were. And she tried so hard to ignore those painful, beautiful feelings.
It's hard to deal with the pain of losin' you everywhere I go
But I'm doin' it
It's hard to force that smile when I see our old friends and I'm alone
Still harder gettin' up, gettin' dressed, livin' with this regret
But I know if I could do it over
I would trade, give away all the words that I saved in my heart
That I left unspoken
But it was too late now;now that she had found her first crush. She could tell even though she desperately tried to hide it. Nikki wasn't stupid;well she was stupid she just wasn't blind. It all came crashing down on her and there was no way she could stop it. And the song kept playing her story: She wanted to touch her, wanted to hold her, talk to her, make her laugh;most of all she wanted to love her to be loved by her.

What hurts the most
Is being so close
(Much to say)

And never knowin'
What could've been
Is what I was tryin' to do, oh
Oh yeah

What hurts the most
Was being so close
(To say)

And never knowin'
What could've been
Is what I was tryin' to do

Not seein' that lovin' you
That's what I was trying to do, ooo

"I love you Taiki…" And with this sad song that Haruka ninja'd into her life. Nikki cried her tears just like any other night over the girl named Taiki.
To smart to be drunk to sober to deal with your bullshit.
Old Posted 01-28-2011, 05:01 AM Reply With Quote