View Single Post
Fresh meat :D
Default A Thousand Words   #1  
“Ja sam sanjar snova. Zaštitnik ravnoteže. Ja sam jedan, a ja sam mnogo. Držim bez pravog imena.”
“I am the dreamer of dreams. The protector of balance. I am one, and I am many. I hold no true name.”

These words have been spoken to me since my creation, and by these words I have walked among this library correcting the errors of the stories that reside within each and every book. For as long as I can remember I have been alone in this vast world of books, and knowledge. Those words spoken to me by the unforeseen figure are all I have and all I know. Perhaps at one point I did have somebody with me and they had vanished like the dust of the books I clean. Or perhaps those were my first words spoken, or read, or maybe even written. I do not know, nor do I sit around to think of it, I have so much work to do. Oh, you wish for my name. I go by many names. I am sometimes Juliet in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, other times I am Robin Hood of Sherwood Forest. I play many roles within the books, and I was given no name to go by of my own. Though when you think about it, why would I have a name that no one will speak? My role is to simply make sure that the books go by the endings they were entitled to and that the flow is the exact same as before with no exceptions. Once did I feel that one person should not die and I had attempted to change their story, give them a chance to see the beauty that came after their death. However, when I had returned to my library the books were torn, battered, and ripped off the shelves and onto the floors.

There was so much dust that at first I had though time had gone by but upon closer inspection I found that they were books, most of them related to the book I had changed, sequels, prequels and stories that were based off of the book. So with a heavy heart I returned and fixed my mistake. The library was back to normal upon my return and I grew to hate this place of words and silence. That was many years ago, perhaps a century or two. Now I respect the books I tend to and I play the roles of the ones that slide out from their shelves. Books that slide themselves forward are books that need my tending. And I tend to them well. Right now I am young Red Riding Hood, a sweet little girl who will meet her demise within the wolfs body. Reds book had slide forward as I stepped out of a book about a crazed fan holding an author hostage so that he could “fix” his book. When I entered I took the role of the woman who broke his legs. It was a quick fix, she just had to vanish from the room as the police walked in to save the man and find the missing sheriff. Had I not stepped in the authors work would have been lacking in his usual story writing manner. When I hid her body I walked out and the library remained the way I had left it.

That is, until I noticed a small red book with golden script on it. Another easy fix, it seems Red was actually going to listen to her mother and ignore the wolfs suggestion of picking flowers. I smiled and thanked the wolf after inspecting him. Just like every other wolf in the other fable stories, he was tall, with dark fur and gleaming red eyes. Though unlike in “The Three Little Pigs” this wolf was a smooth talker and spoke with words covered in poisoned honey. But Red had to follow his suggestion and for some odd reason she decides she would stray off the track and ignore him. That was why I decided to take over her body and go to the flowers.
To smart to be drunk to sober to deal with your bullshit.
Old Posted 01-10-2011, 03:40 AM Reply With Quote