View Single Post
Desolation Denizen
Default   #19  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
To be fair to her, she does at least manage to achieve nondeterminism within those confines.
Only diegetically, though. :P I think the real tragedy with her character is that she thinks she's achieved enlightenment only to be woefully ignorant of how purposefully her character was crafted to behave exactly as she does (by Dan Salvado, I mean, not the hypothetical creator of the hypothetical VN this game is supposed to be, story-wise). Also, people who hate her annoy me. It's usually cause they didn't take the time to get to know her at the end.

I will say, though, and this thought just occurred to me last night, I think the way people who play DDLC blind are very often funneled by the game into having almost the exact same reactions at certain parts (I notice this in let's plays because it's the same reactions I was having at those times) is a pretty interesting contrast to Monika's situation. I definitely think there's an undercurrent to Monika's story that's supposed to make the player stop and think about how much free will they themselves actually have.

I, of course, don't believe I have any free will, so having a 1-sided conversation with Monika for hours was pretty ironic. :P

Also, @Quiet: Get out of her head. :|
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 01-17-2018, 03:43 PM Reply With Quote