View Single Post
Icy Footed
Just finished reading A Doll's House. O_O And boy, was it interesting. <-< It kind of reminds me too much of how I went about things in keeping up intimate relationships.. But I did enjoy it and the ending! o-o I think at the time and place it was written in, it was seen as almost blasphemous and definitely controversial. Think like mid-late 1800's. :[ And in Norway/Denmark/Sweden/Netherlands. It's considered to be a really good play because it sparked a change in the traditional roles of men and women, focusing on the marriage aspect of it. >:/ Like, I know women back then were like considered 1/2 a person, but damn, I couldn't believe everyone was okay with and was not okay with.
It's a play by Henrik Ibsen who wrote a lot of about the hypocrisies of society, and what at the time might have been considered an attack on women, and their sacred duties to their husband to bear children and to their children to raise them into good people, is actually now seen today as the liberation of women, from their caged and load-heavy lives as wives and mothers, and nothing else, unable to escape blame, abuse, and shame.

:] It was a good read. It's really calm and fluttery in the beginning and when things begin to escalate further and further, it gets heavy yo. <u< I think it was also made into a movie in the 70's. :/ I gotta go see if I can find it and watch it. It's for homework, but I'm glad I finally got around to reading something again after Medea. <x}

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 10-12-2019, 04:09 PM Reply With Quote