View Single Post
Developer
Default   #2763  
No one on my buddy list, no random allies I've seen, and no ranking results team has ever run Sumire. I've seen Tsubaki a few times, but I also consider Tsubaki substantially more powerful than Sumire as well as substantially safer. (I've not seen Kaede either but she doesn't have the 5-match LS so she doesn't really come into the discussion.)

I suspect there may be a clustering phenomenon going on in terms of buddy lists -- people generally will invite buddies that have leaders that work with their own teams, and Sumire is worthless for TPA and rows.

Anyway, as I said: Sumire isn't a bad monster. I never said she was. She's still solid. I just think the mechanic she's based on sucks, and there are plenty of better options out there, many of which are easier to get or more common to be able to pair with.

(Side note, it's fairly meaningless to compare star ratings, because they're not assigned particularly consistently, especially over time.)
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-09-2016, 02:50 AM Reply With Quote