View Single Post
Developer
We have the opposite of a necroposting rule -- we have a "if there's a thread, use it" rule!

Not having anyone to play with is the reason I stopped playing. I started in vanilla, somewhere around 1.6 I think. Vanilla was a mind-numbing grind during leveling, and I couldn't bring myself to keep soloing past the early 40s. I didn't play during Burning Crusade, but I picked the game back up in Wrath to try a Death Knight. Discovered I enjoyed it quite a bit, but by the time I got to 80 so I could start raiding, it was near the expansion and nobody was running the raids that dropped the gear that I would need in order to run the endgame raids.

And then the Cataclysm pre-patch hit and I was screwed. My two specs were dual-wield frost tank and unholy ranged DPS. Both of these specs ceased to exist when 4.0 dropped -- frost stopped being able to tank, and unholy lost its ranged DPS.

Yeah, I know that if I had ground my way through I would have replaced my epics with blues by 82 or 83. But that grind was made all the more unpleasant by not having any melee DPS gear -- and one does not solo level in a tank spec. I had two tank 1H weapons and two spell-damage 1H weapons. So I couldn't even equip my weapons in unholy spec because I lost dual wield, and my frost gear was all defense-oriented so my damage output sucked.

It was enough to make me quit. It just wasn't worth trying without people to play with. I managed to get halfway past 81 before I just couldn't take it anymore.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-16-2022, 08:56 PM Reply With Quote