View Single Post
Dragon Storm
Default Question on what language to study   #1  
Okay, so I have a series of ideas in my head, and quite a few take on the idea of telling a story through interaction, or are in mediums not really possible with a book. Examples being:

1) a mix between Diablo isometrics/battle and some Visual Novels...with puzzles (visual, audio, kinetic) and some stuff you see in text based adventures.
2) a dichotomous key style approach to looking up words that teaches the mechanics of languages with them (not a game, but a tool for people)
3) a cross between Strategy, RPG, and FPS - sort of a cross between Telltale Games, Guns of Icarus, and Battlefield 2142 (I doubt I could actually pull this one off...just the idea of how maintaining defense/responding to bomb threats and all would look if humanity colonized our solar system)

Et Cetera

Now, I know Flash, played with NWNscript (modified Javascript), modded a game or two (simple mods), learned real simple Python (VPython for Physics) and took an introduction to C++ course...but beyond the basics, I am clueless. For example, I don't know how code creates and calls upon images. And, I have been a bit slow/less than I could be due to depression and other issues.

So...any advice on what engines or languages would be helpful or what to do? Help?
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 03-31-2016, 03:45 PM Reply With Quote