View Single Post
Pocket Demon Ninja
It's also best to call it a Fancomic since it isn't made by the Staff. It's made by the user base, the fans of the website and is not an official comic for the site. Kind of like how a Fan Fiction is called Fan Fiction. It's made by the fans and not the owners. So that takes out the first part of the concerns in the first post.

As for that user created comic being a haphazard, as long as you put disclaimers and don't make any money off the comic, legal wise you'll be fine. Because it'll be a fancomic. Make sure people know that the original settings, and list the NPCs that belong to Trisphee. If possible add a link to the site so they can see where the idea for the comic came from.

Another Hazards that can arise are: the group arguing and falling apart, or putting a user into the comic as a character with out asking that person permission, and adding a person to bash them due to personal grudges and feelings against that person.

If/When a fight erupts, have everyone step back away from the comic, take a breather, and then come back to talk over what the fight was about. Have a neutral person to negotiate and keep things calm if needed.

As for the artist thing in concern number 3. If it is a group project, try to ask the artists to draw a rough draft, then vote of which drawing style to use. Then have everyone practice that drawing style. It really isn't all that hard to mimic a drawing style if you've practiced it.

Or, you can just get 1 artist, and have slower releases, but then you'll be screwed if that artist decides to give up and not work on it any more which happens fairly often.

and for #4. What is desired from the comic? No clue. Do you guys, The creators of the comic, want? Action Adventure? Romance? Comedy? A bit of all 3 or maybe even other things added in?
Every one has their reading preferences. I like Action Adventures mostly, with a bit of comedy mixed in. But others might prefer Romance and Comedy or just flat out comedy.

When/if you get your group together to make the comic, ask about what type of comic it should be. It's a Fancomic, that is a group project. There for the final decision is the groups decision.

I think a Fancomic is a good idea, and if made, it could draw people to the site. I once made a Gundam Wing/Trisphee Fanfiction (that i never updated because life got in the way) and it had brought in a few people. Quite Man Cometh is one of them! So a fancomic would be a good way to advertise the site. As long as personal feelings against people stay out of it so drama over it won't follow the comic, it'll be the best thing ever.

o3o thats just my thoughts and brain matter on the subject.. good luck!

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 04-01-2014, 10:38 AM Reply With Quote