View Single Post
Dragon Storm
*Shrugs* - In relativity. We: Minor uprising started| Anthem: upstarts survived| 1984: Crushed the upstart| Brave New World: Slaughter the upstarts|
...anywho...

15. Journey to the Center of the Earth - Jules Verne
Just...yes! Okay, to explain why I love this (and other Verne works), I'll have to explain about Verne's influences. You see, Jules Verne wrote science fiction based on scientific journals and articles he would read. He combined that with the realms of possibility in his works.

In Journey to the Center of the Earth, Verne took data on the geological findings of his time, along with the various new creatures we were discovering, a Snorri Sturluson, and his own inventive mind to create a chaotic, beautiful, and wonderful realm under the Earth. He altered the formula for the heat as one approached the core to instead make it a searing tropical/jurrasic interior underneath a "root system" of lava.

Now, this is an odd thing for me to like, because as some of you may know I can be rather rigid about facts and the like, but wondrous places and the exploratory feel would be what I love, and Verne's professor is funny as I'll get out. Journey through the Center of the Earth was a book I wanted and worked to understand, enjoyed an adventure in, and came away learning about as much as I would from an introductory textbook. Honestly, I wish that modern sciences could feel that way.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Last edited by Lawtan; 02-23-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old Posted 02-23-2014, 01:51 PM Reply With Quote