Thread: Comic Books
View Single Post
We're all mad here.
Default Comic Books   #1  
So, more out of curiosity than anything, does anyone here read or collect comic books? I was bequeathed a portion of my brother's old collection and I've been looking through them to sell, and that got me thinking about them in general.

I was never really interested in Comics. I read Watchmen in university because it was literary, and read a PG issue of Spiderman (with Green Vulture) for a sociology project (was not very impressed) but I am more interested now.

Nothing too special in the collection I have (most of the comics are Copper Age, from what I can tell) but it was interesting to look through the store I was at. It surprised me just what was made into a comic.

Conversation point: With all the movies out there based on comic heroes I'm starting to get curious about the source material. Does anyone here know much about Deadpool or Doctor Strange? I'm curious about the characters, and wanted to know which might be good issues to look into for good representations of the characters. I'd rather not pay the money for the collected volumes when I really have no idea if I'd be interested or not.

So, yeah. Natter about comic books I suppose. :)
Old Posted 05-03-2017, 12:37 AM Reply With Quote