Thread: SAI tips
View Single Post
Psych
Paint Tool Sai is the full name. SAI is a digital art program that's made to replicate the way traditional art feels. It's one of the more popular art programs out there, and it's pretty intuitive and easy to use. I've heard it called the most user-friendly program out there!

Of course, the program doesn't offer everything photoshop does, since photoshop is much bigger and capable of much more, but SAI makes the actual drawing and painting portion of creating digital art easier and more accessible. Two really neat tools to note are the vector line tool, which makes vector lines much easier than photoshop's tool, and the stabilizer, which intentionally slows your pen down to make smooth and flawless lines.

As the wikipedia says, you have to pay for the program, but I believe it's also one of the more pirated art programs out there.

Personally, I think it's one of the best programs and I use it about 60-80% of the time, depending on what project I'm working on. I think the only downside is the limits on the brushes that SAI has--typically, you're limited to the texture, brush shape, and whatever settings there already are on the brush. I use Photoshop for a lot of my specialized brushes and all. Secondly, it's a lightweight program and doesn't make your computer run too hot, but it also means it doesn't have the neat features that Photoshop has, like text and filters. I've found it most useful for replicating anime or comic-y styles, but I've seen some incredibly realistic paintings come out of it.
Always Accepting Commissions! Commission information here
Old Posted 12-06-2013, 04:53 PM Reply With Quote