View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Zentha was losing consciousness, and the face of the tree ent man who was to be responsible for her death grew blurry twisting in and out of her vision. Elven pet? I'm not an elven pet, I'm a human! A human! Did he just say something about not killing her? She couldn't be sure. Then, she fell to her hands and knees with a clunky thoomph and a grunt, the blood rushing back up to her head in a rush only adding to her dizziness. She gasped for air, and stayed in her place on the ground, heaving, getting as much oxygen as she could to her brain.

When she was finally done recuperating, she sat back on her haunches and looked up at him, “I don't know who you think I am. I was raised by the elves, yes, but I left them. I've never been responsible for the destruction of your forest...I...I left because I disagreed with everything they were doing for expansion.” She shook her head, narrowing her eyes at a spot on the ground, “Their...their destruction of the forest spits in the face of everything their ancestors hoped to achieve. The peace then? Between your people and the elves? It was more than tentative. I've read it, there are documents of it all.”

She scoffed, shakily getting to her feet and using a tree as a brace, “Since I left, I don't have a place I must get to. I'm a hired hand, helping out where I can. I work for anyone I deem as having a worthy enough cause...if they pay me. Girl's gotta eat, you know? I just...I guess the sooner we get out of the forest the sooner I can pray I find food before I starve. That's the entire reason I was in the forest to begin with. I just wanted a squirrel, or a rabbit. Something to fill my aching belly.”
Old Posted 01-03-2018, 06:02 PM Reply With Quote