View Single Post
Pixelist
also this will put people out of jobs. why hire 500 artists when you can hire ten techbros and get similar enough results in terms of artwork? why hire people that know how to use 3d modelling software (particularly blender, as that one's notorious for being an absolute fucking bitch to learn) when you can feed some models through an ai and have the same result? why hire a concept artist that knows how to do their job, when you can just use ai?

this is going to result in even more artists going freelance, bloating up a market that's already bloated with millions of fucking artists. i already have a hell of a time getting commissions that aren't from this site (even if my commissions thread is massively inactive on here, i can pretty much make a new one or revivew the old one at any point if need be). people do not want art that is sketchy or has guidelines on it, and that's the style that i stick with because i personally find it more charming. i do not get commissions.

if you want to become an indie artist because you spent all your points in learning the fundamentals of art? tough fucking luck, disney isn't going to hire you when they can just use an ai, and nobody will fucking commission you because they can just use an ai. or they can go to someone with pretty linework and expert colouring, that's holding a sale on their art, because they have an emergency they need to take care of, thus getting artwork for even cheaper than you sell yours for.

i feel as though you're looking at it from a point of view that doesn't take into account late-stage capitalism. companies will do anything to save a few cents, including stealing artwork and using a damn ai on it to generate conceptual works, then copyright claiming it because someone gently edited it. they can lay off their entire art department and just have a few ideas guys feeding works through ai until they get the desired result.

even if we didn't exist in late-stage capitalism, people would still use ai art to claim that they were the ones to truly create it and not just feed thousands upon thousands of works through an ai. people would still steal artworks and feed them through an ai, even in-progress artworks, and demand credit from everyone they've stolen from.

i've seen at least one case where someone was banned off of an art-based subreddit, because their style (realistic) looked too similar to something that was generated by ai. have you got any way to fix that? have you truly got some way of distinguishing between ai art and art produced by someone with the necessary tools and experience?

additionally, i am aware of how browsers work. images are downloaded, they get stored in a cache, which then get displayed on your client. at least, that's what i think happens?

if you suggest that we start using ai artwork for trisphee's items, i will fuck off and make my own site. i have no experience in making a site.

my last point that i can make is that ais are not humans. they don't have the same process of learning, they don't have the same process of creating. until we create a fully sentient ai, they are not the same. do not treat them as though they're the same.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 01-05-2023, 05:03 PM Reply With Quote