View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
"Not a slave, but there's no harm in sleeping on the floor. I'm accustomed to it." Nokra replied with a shrug of his shoulders. The sudden burst of reality hit him. They were free, but now came the burden of having to pay for things. Glancing around the silent, dead ship all he saw was the sudden financial burden. Were they gonna have to pay the redheaded pilot? Did they have to pay for food? How were they gonna get money? All those worries faded for a moment when he saw Magali's wilted demeanor and sudden brow-furrowing. She didn't look happy. " No no, I know what you mean. I just...I dunno. I worried that us hanging together was just convenience. It's weird being free. With you. I didn't think it would ever happen. I don't know what exactly to say to stay together or anything, haha. " Nokra stammered, before moving over to her and pulling her into a hug. "If you wanna stay together...I'll stay. After all, Mags. Can't have you running around with people who'd wanna snatch you up again. Especially now that you and me are free.

"Look, let's go pick ourselves a good room then. Lets nab a room with a big window, do we can look out at all the space we can explore when we want now." Nokra offered, beaming at her and wriggling an errant an ear to try and make her snicker. "Who knows, we can be neighbors with the spider who was petting you and her boyfriend or something." The thought of being neighbors with Atrix and Mendez made him sour up inside. The last thing he needed to hear was the duo going at it. Or the day he'd walk into Atrix nibbling on Fillet of Mendez.

---

With the crowd starting to disperse a little after the rounds of celebration, Hyun moved over towards Ashi and took over Atrix's rubbing, the Chuzizian making sure her little Daoweian girl was getting the attention she so deserved, and leaned in to flash Ashi. Spot of cleavage while she planted a smooch on the girl's head. "Trust me. You talked shit and Shaldag made sure to leave a lasting impression on your body. You're not gonna be walking or fuckin' yourself with your arm anytime soon." Taking hold of the broken arm, Hyun dangled it a little to show Ashi, Atrix shaking her head and fighting back a bit of snorting and snickering.

Shaldag took a deep, slow breath and hefted the girl gently in his arms. "Don't thank me. This was the easy part. Once we get you inked and people know you're a ganger? Shit is gonna be rough. You're gonna get looks now. And maybe a few rivals might jump you. Gonna have to watch your back a little better." It was blunt honestly that he wanted the girl to understand before she even took a step outside. You could hide royalty. You couldn't hide the fact you were essentially Hyun's goon anymore. I also broke your leg with that last punch. Don't call me a bitch."

Atrix offered to take the girl, Shaldag declining. "Rosa and everyone else bunkered in the ship for tonight. I am more inclined to stay here for now. A break from other humanoids is a nice change." She said, glancing over to the tiny conclave of other Terskixians in one of the darker lit tables. Hyun shrugged at the spider. "Find a room here and take it. Don't eat my boys and we're good too. I can send one of the Falsheen girls in there if you're hungry. They piss me off."

"Deal."

-----3 hours from Hazoo-----

Viora looked towards the being clad in a blackened suit as it drifted dormant in the vat of chemicals in a medtube. It had taken so long. And days of nonstop work and. Unscrupulous Edensian medical science. But another weapon was formed and ready for prototype field testing. Viora sighed and finished a dataslate of paperwork she designated for herself, before shipping it off with the Daoweians. She was alone once more, left with a sudden, splitting headache that she could only assume came from her new project.

"Calm down. The pain will subside. We have come to an arrangement. You make my problems disappear, the slaving implants get removed." Viora spoke, looking towards the tube, only for the reply to be a streak of white hot pain that nearly made the blue-haired Edensian fall out of her chair. There were no words that filled her head, as the Onovoze she had brought back was want to do for communication. Something had taken hold of whatever grasp of sanity she had left when Viora restored her.

Whatever bit of good left in the woman known as Vail, was left to rot away when Viora brought her back. The only emotions that escaped that tube were rage and a malevolent streak that made even the Edensian question just how much of a liability she would be if she decided on going through with all the anger Nu-Vail exuded.

"We're going to be arriving soon. People will expect you to let you examine them before you can finalize our deal with a bit of field testing." Came Viora's next statement, the Edensian quirking her brow with no response. "...The renegades you followed might be there."

That was the trigger that caused the entirety of the ship to quake for a few seconds, and the medtube to crack and shatter, leaving the black-clad girl on her knees and wheezing through a mask. Viora looked down towards the creeping medical fluid, and crossed a leg over the other, so only one of her boots would be soaked. "Restore the lab, Vail. We both will be punished for breaking equipment..."

Nu-Vail let out a small, high-pitched howl before the glass sizzled and reformed back on the medtube; purple eking out from two slits where eyes should have been in her mask as she did so.

"...Good girl."
Old Posted 09-20-2017, 05:08 PM Reply With Quote