View Single Post
It Won't Stop
Meiz is right about this in a lot of respects. One suggestion I often hear is to just get rid of the people that have no time and bring in ones that do, but that has its own issues, too. Between stylistic preferences, payment negotiations, etc, it can be extremely difficult finding the right fits. We found ourselves in the current situation suddenly, and we are doing our best to turn it around. It's very likely we'll be doing quite a few cut backs, as has been suggested, but until we have someone with serious time to work at all, the point is moot.

And on that point, the schedule hasn't been the same for four years. I know of quite a few things that have changed with our scheduling and how it's balanced even just since I started working with the art team.

As for the event, we are, unfortunately, also limited by what our coders are able to pull off with their time. If we could release games and bug fixes and all of that as we please, then we would. It isn't as if we're holding back out of sheer disinterest. This event, we have tried a few new things to try and keep things within our schedule and keep them from being recycled nonsense. Parts have worked, other parts have not, and we will be keeping this in mind for the next event.

Old Posted 11-01-2013, 11:52 PM Reply With Quote