View Single Post
Developer
SUBJECT: Robot Master Spotted Over Monsteropolis!
AUTHOR: Ripot, CPS Television Network
DATE: May 22, 20XX
FORMAT: Video

"Ripot here, on site in Monsteropolis where dozens of aerial robots are swarming high in the air. They appear to be constructing a flying fortress of some sort! This reporter tried to fly in for a closer look, but I was chased off by a flock of Copipis deployed by one of the Pipis patrolling the perimeter."

A grainy picture of Air Man taken at an awkward angle is overlaid on the video. "I was able to capture this picture before being forced to retreat. It looks like a Robot Master, but it's not any kind of design this reporter has ever seen before! I hope Mega Man gets here soon!"

The flying field reporter looks down at the sprawling city below, his camera panning around to show the panorama. "It looks like there's chaos in the city as residents near the fortress construction hurry to evacuate in case the Robot Master chooses to start a bombardment campaign on the citizens. This reporter will stay in the field to keep you informed of developments. This is Ripot, signing off."

SUBJECT: Experiment Log: DWN-010
AUTHOR: Dr. Albert Wily
FORMAT: Holovid + Telemetry with attachments

Air Man slowly turns his propeller as he tracks Mega Man's progress through the fortress. He snarls in suppressed fury as his guards and construction workers are systematically destroyed, and it's not long until the invader is barging into his inner chamber.

"You're finally here, Mega Man!" Air Man growls. "And I'm going to destroy you for what you've done!"

"I'm not the one building a flying battle station over Monsteropolis!"

"Do you know WHY I'm building it?"

That gives Mega Man pause, and he hesitates for a moment. "... No, why?"

Air Man flings his arms open wide, gesturing out to the world around them. "Because it's the only place I have to call my own! Thanks to you, Robot Masters aren't welcome among humans! Never mind the fact that YOU'RE as much of a Robot Master as the nine you've destroyed so far -- built by the same scientists using the same design!"

"They don't judge you because you're Robot Masters! They judge you because you build weapons and destroy things!" Mega Man raises his buster in preparation, expecting Air Man to launch an attack at any moment.

Air Man flares with a red aura. "I'm not responsible for what the others did! And now you're threatening ME with a weapon! So I'm not welcome anywhere, not even in my own home? I'll destroy you!"

The following scene should be read with this soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opADNvgeZYY

His fan whirs to maximum, shoving Mega Man back as he produces a set of vortices from his arm cannon. The twisters catch the wind and race across the room, violently buffeting Mega Man against the wall. The Light robot turns green and white when he equips the Leaf Shield, taking the next available opportunity to raising one to defend against the attack.

Air Man leaps, tilting his body so that his propeller pushes him farther into the air, and he slams down where Mega Man would have been standing if the hero hadn't run underneath the Robot Master. Mega Man hurls the Leaf Shield at the back of the giant fan, and to his surprise the ceramic titanium plates are sucked into the intake, banging noisily.

Then suddenly the leaves disintegrate in a flare of red.

A small amount of dust belches out of the front of the fan as the remains of the Leaf Shield are sucked through the intake.

It's enough to make Mega Man hesitate in fear. Air Man pivots around, his eyes glowing with the same red light. The Robot Master produces another flurry of tornadoes, and they too begin to glow red as they set out across the room. Mega Man is set fully on the defensive, and only quick maneuvering and sacrificial use of the Leaf Shield allows the hero to escape without getting vaporized.

Between volleys of the Air Shooter, Mega Man switches to his other ceramic titanium weapon, the Metal Blade, in hopes that the more streamlined direct attack can penetrate Air Man's defenses. To his dismay, however, the teeth of the blade can't find any purchase off of Air Man's reinforced, smoothly rounded armor, skidding off and ricocheting away.

The Metal Blade DOES work as point defense, and its greater precision and higher rate of fire compared to the Leaf Shield allows Mega Man to push his way through the next barrage of weaponized air. Air Man's eyes furiously flare red again and he spins his propeller to maximum, trying to force Mega Man away again, but Mega Man again switches weapons, equipping the Quick Boomerang and letting loose with as many as he can shoot while in range.

The boomerangs arc around the Robot Master's body. Mega Man continues firing even when his attacks can't reach in order to hold Air Man's attention, and the first shots strike true against Air Man's back intake. The fan blades seize against the boomerangs, and with the propeller already spinning at full speed, the sudden stop causes the engine to tear itself apart, and Air Man's eyes go dark as his armor concentrates the shrapnel inside his housing.

SUBJECT: Re: Experiment Log: DWN-010
AUTHOR: Dr. Albert Wily
FORMAT: Plain Text

DWN-010 has surprised me! Its program demonstrated a far richer personality than any other AI that I have seen to date. It may even be more sophisticated than DLN-001's! It's a shame that it was destroyed, but as an experiment this was GLORIOUS!

Whatever it is that DWN-010 did was able to casually vaporize one of the most resilient alloys I know of. In the past I have been able to crack it, buckle it, or pierce it with enough force, but reducing it to ash like that is unprecedented! Such power! I must learn how to harness it!

This was also a successful test of the integrated chassis design. As predicted, the design's single armor cell is more resilient than a more flexible segmented structure. This superior defense to weight ratio will be valuable to some future Robot Masters that I have in mind.

Having collected this data, the experiment is now half over. Overall, I am pleased with the results. DLN-001 is more dangerous than I expected, but this new technology has made a good showing against it. With refinement, my Robot Masters could be unstoppable!

SUBJECT: Re: Air Man - Encounter Log
AUTHOR: Thomas X. Light
DATE: May 23, 20XX
FORMAT: Plain Text with attachments

Rock,

I have finished analyzing the encounter data from your battle with Air Man.

Please be very careful against Wily's other Robot Masters. Any force that could destroy the Leaf Shield so easily would overwhelm your armor instantly. I know you know this already, but please tolerate this old man's worrying for his only remaining son.

Attached to this message is the Variable Tool System data for Item-2. I'm sorry I wasn't able to get this to you sooner. I know that an airfoil would have been helpful during your last encounter.

I hope we can achieve peace soon.

With love,
Dr. Light

Word Count: 1232
Total Words: 9349
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-13-2017, 10:23 AM Reply With Quote