View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
One of Uzog’s eyes locked in on the flickering candle while the rest peered in various directions, the center eye continuing its gaze on the woman in front of her. For someone who was rather squishy and quite probably edible, she seemed to really enjoy trying to be levelheaded and appease the demon. Not that Uzog didn’t mind. “That’s what I thought mortal. Sorry, sorry. Blue. I forget the archaic tones tend to rub off on you lot the wrong way. Or the right way if you’re one of those LARPing sorts. Whatever.”

Crossing her arms, the demon cocked her head to the side as the English lesson began. It wasn’t as if she had never heard Cockney before. It was the fact she didn’t think a girl from this part of the world would be speaking like that. Unless she was some form of…What were they called? Immigrants? Ingrates? Something similar to those two probably. “Spare me the history lesson. The last time I was interested in you lot, the mudhouses in Jericho were still drying, and everyone spoke the language of the Sumer in your fertile crescent.” Uzog paused for a moment at the second bit. “You say they’re not on the books, children. Then you wake up next to someone you regret. It’s funny how that works. It’s how I had to roast my firstborn in the stove when he ripped himself out of the womb. Wretched little thing….”

“Such is the folly of man. The struggle to speak with your kind for money. I hope the line consumes the entirety of your day, and when you return, it is too late for you to do anything else.” Uzog said, a rather playful maliciousness flowing out of her caprine mouth. Still, the girl was stuck here in her own cramped apartment for a little while longer. And it always felt nice to know that when she was in bind, her mind would most likely turn back towards bringing her back into the mortal plane. Perhaps for something worthwhile this time around as well.

All niceties however stopped when the girl mentioned she had no means of returning the demon to whence she had come. The candle still lit exploded into flame like a roman candle as Uzog leered at Blue with a fury that dwarfed any rage Blue may have seen in her life. “…What do you mean you don’t know how to send me back? You are going to find a way, or I’m going to drive my claws into your womb and flense your insides organ by organ!”
Old Posted 10-20-2017, 06:57 PM Reply With Quote