View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Default   #21  
The pair of women were a sight for every sore eye that day. Each of them were radiant in their own right, laughing and chattering gaily as women from their social standing were permitted to do. They emerged from the men's shoppe with exactly what they needed—a “perfect” tie by Miss Emily's own assertion, the gift now carried on a bag whose handles were around Rosamund's own dainty wrist.

“What do you say to eating out to-day, Miss Barker? We don't need you catching ill with the wedding so close,” Rosamund offered, ever eager to make sure the spoken to's health was in only the best condition as ordered by the benevolent Mr. and Mrs. Trumbuckle.

“I think that sounds wonderful, and a very good way to allow you to have a well-deserved break. Yes, I think it's nice to eat out of the house every once in a while,” the latter assented with a grin. Besides, the smell of the dough from the bakery was alluring and the fruits looked so juicy and ripe for the eating that they were almost irresistible. She picked up a few of the apples, bagged them up and paid the smiling keeper of the cart. One, she picked out for herself, and one she picked out for Emily handing it to her.

“Enjoy! To a fruitful day at the market-place!” Rosamund said with a smile, holding out her apple like she was giving a cheers. Emily, too, held out hers and laughed.

“It's been a long time since I've seen you this playful, Rosamund,” Emily giggled returning the gesture and taking a bite at the end at the same time.

The pair found their way to the bakery, each ordering what sounded like the best treat, and by the time they returned home, Rosamund looked pale. “You'll...you'll excuse me, Miss Barker..” she mumbled as she stepped into the bathroom, pulling the door shut behind her.
Old Posted 12-11-2017, 06:13 PM Reply With Quote