View Single Post
Icy Footed
Default   #29  
Inktober 7th
Phae-Cho the Deep One

[Almost neglected to art today. I really need a new stylus. :c My finger and hand are cramping up with all these..]

About Phae-Cho: Phae-Cho is one of the 9 Mermaid Goddesses, and the dweller of the deep seas. She wears no crown or jewels, because she prefers to remain well hidden in the dark abyss she rules over. She rarely comes out of her dark home to the surface, as she can hardly see in such bright light, and the hotter water and the lack of depth pressure makes her feel much weaker. She's dubbed the vampire of the mermaid goddesses in that regard, but she does not drink blood. She prefers to not waste any part of her meals, often swallowing prey whole through her sharp and crooked teeth. She has a lure that she uses to sometimes draw small prey to her, and other times to illuminate what is in front of her. Her hair, arms and tip of her tail can glow in the darkest depths, and her patterns are unmistakable if spotted in the water. She has large bulbous yellow eyes with glowing lower lids she uses to see in the pitch blackness of the deep. Though she tends to slowly and steadily drift and swim around in the dark, she can dart at a target hundreds of yards away at cheetah speed. Though she spends her time hunting and keeping the populations of creatures in check, she also sees to it that any food large enough to sustain the creatures reaches them from the surface and chases off predators that trespass into her zone. However, the most infamous thing Phae-Cho is in charge of in the abyss, are the many mythical and magical monsters of the deep that many mortal eyes have not witnessed. Unknown beasts, toothed, clawed, tentacled and jawed all call her guardian. She is their protector and their source of nourishment, as she helps to keep them fed and at peace, because if they go hungry or too curious, they will try to swim up to the surface and out of her waters.
Though she welcomes anyone who can swim deep enough to meet her, they had better remember to bring a snack for her, lest they become hers.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 10-08-2019, 02:09 AM Reply With Quote