View Single Post
Icy Footed
Default   #19  
Inktober 3rd
Kelyle the Guardian Demon

Pronounced Kell-lyle. Not Kell-le-le. xD

A little about this little sucker: Kelyle is a professional Guardian Demon. He's not the guy who sits opposite of the angel on your shoulder. Don't mistake him for a shoulder devil. He might be only slightly bigger than one, but he's got just as much, if not more influence over who he is guardian to.
Guardian angels are typically watchful protectors, guiders of acts of kindness, and overall look out for your well being.
Guardian demons on the other hand are different sort of protectors. Their job description is a bit more flexible allowing them to sometimes get through their mischievous intentions, encouraging misbehavior, and having your back in critical situations.
Kelyle is a small demon, only about a foot in height, and he has wings and a tail. No horns. Those are reserved for much less magical demons. That's why imp horns are so tiny. Though you could argue, he styles his hair because he's a bit of a horn wannabe. He's also got an older half-sister named Kylola, who happens to be a succubus. x]
Kelyle belongs to Melany, a particular human woman with issues not only in her job and marriage, but with her confidence and self-worth as a person. He is loyal to her and only her, making sure she is safe and guiding her towards becoming a much stronger much more selfish person. He's also there to protect her. He might be small and invisible to others but he's got evil gifts of his own. Kelyle can direct misfortune upon others instead of Melany, alert her to danger, and occasionally he can come to her monthly rescue with pads, tampons and ice cream.
Kelyle has different interpretations of what might be a good idea and a bad idea. A good idea, meaning starting a fight in order to steal a band t-shirt, and a bad idea being letting someone take the last slice of strawberry short cake at the bakery. He's a very sneaky devil, often stealing people's money to put into Melany's pockets, and on one occasion, somebody's movie theatre gift card. He enjoys dark comedy, embarrassing people, and surprisingly he's a big fan of Christmas movies. It's his favorite holiday because he claims it encourages greed and retribution. He will might steal poinsettias from church on Christmas, but he'll do it for someone that proves to him they deserve those poinsettias.
Born bad, and good natured 3% of the time, Kelyle is one guardian demon that isn't anything special, but he does his best, especially since he loves his job. :]

"Sit tight. I got this. Let me show ya how a professional handles it."

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 10-03-2019, 08:59 PM Reply With Quote