Thread: Anka Egg
View Single Post
Developer
1. Oh, I see, you were talking about going the OTHER way. Well, I don't really see a good way to do anything about it. The rule is written the way it is for a good reason, and that reason is still valid.

2. The notification system in and of itself is the easy part. There are two parts that are actually difficult: (1) Detecting a mention in the first place (though quotes are easy), and (2) Tracking the notification data, including whether or not it's been acknowledged. The engineering isn't terribly difficult, but there's a lot of grunt work and a lot of unknowns about integrating with vBulletin.

3. Having gone from Sufficient Velocity (which has like/insightful/informative/funny/hugs reaction buttons) to Questionable Questing (which only has like) I really don't ever want to go back to only having a single reaction. If we're going to have it at all, we should have options. (We don't need to go as far as Discord where arbitrary emoji can be used as reactions.) I'm not arguing with your rationale; I agree with it, which is why I'm conflicted about it.

4. Well yes, of course. I've got some thoughts already.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-25-2019, 11:16 AM Reply With Quote