View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #11  
Christoval seemed entranced by the conversation with Kastivi. Someone else in his shoes. Someone he could relate to. It was a nice change of past for the last couple of days. Wisp had been helpful, but the noticable way she looked down at him had left him with a lot of hesitation trying to make small talk with the dark mage that lasted more than just a couple of angry sentences from the woman. And it was rather weird to see someone like Kastivi, whose mentor seemed to have such a strict and varied schedule with training and the like. When asking about swordplay, Wisp had given him a rather condescending look, before shaking her head and just blasting him with balefire. It was his first and last time asking for those kind of lessons. "Strengthening is good, yeah. I kinda have to learn as I go for martial skills. But it's helped me get creative when it comes to fighting. And Wisp has a plethora of knowledge on the monsters that roam the place, so I know what to fight and what to stay away from!" Christoval chimed, smile on his face and the boy tapping on his knapsack while kicking his legs like a child. "Also flintlocks help solve a lot of problems. Armored ogre? Nothing a bit of shot and powder can't fix!"

"Speaking of monsters, and dealing with them. Red book. You'll read it tonight, and then explain to me the tactics one would use fighting a Flenser Cat." Wisp piped up, the Dark Mage looking towards Christoval, who nodded and gave her a small salute. Orders given, the dark mage looked over to Kastivi for a moment, and let out a deep sigh. Surrounded by the newbies. It was a fate worse than being left behind to die in the oubliette. "Stop sitting there prim and proper. No one in this guild cares how you hold yourself. Be free." She said plainly, flipping open on of her books and pausing, bellowing out a few words in whatever dark tongue the book was written in, only to cough and stop; spitting up a bit of blood in her mouth. "Urgh. You would think hexes devoted to breaking bones would be easy to speak out and memorize." She sighed, soon closing the book after. "You are correct. I enjoy Christoval's company. He's young and malleable. And he was the first apprentice I had myself that didn't squirm or whine when I started ordering him around. He's like a perfect little lapdog. If he wasn't so set in becoming something so virtuous, I would have groomed him into a Sorceress' Knight. My own little bastion of swords ordered to prick things with."

Christoval shuddered for a moment, looking towards Wisp as she talked to the dark-skinned woman. He had read the books on those kind of a knights. And the thoughts of being subservient to that level, as well as being her own personal guinea pig was something left to be desired. "No thanks. A normal order would be fine with me!"
Old Posted 01-02-2018, 04:01 AM Reply With Quote