View Single Post
Harmless
HI I WANNA DO THE ooky spooky writing submission SO UH HERE IT IS

Tap tap tap. I shoot up in bed, awoken by an incessant tapping drilling through my head. Groggily I pry myself off my mattress as I go patrol the studio apartment I live in alone to find the source of the tapping. Tap tap tap. The sound is almost painful as it rings through again. At a near run I continue searching around the room, panicked by only a tapping noise.
"I'm going insane aren't I?" I ask, shortly followed by a faster round of tapping drilling through the silence. The sound feels like hundreds on knives being driven through my skull with each tap. It continues with no end in sight. After hours and hours and hors of searching I lay on the floor. Tap tap tap., ringing through my head constantly. I curl up in a ball and scream at the top of my lungs, no one around in the apartment complex seeming to hear. I lay there for about an hour more, just wallowing in the pain and insanity inducing tapping, until the tapping turns to scratching. Scratch scratch scratchhh. This pain feels like my skull is being slowly cracked open. I grab onto my hair, screaming as I pull handful after handful of my locks off my head. Scratch scratch scratchhh. I scratch my nails down the sides of my face, using anything to attempt to distract me from the excruciating pain in my head. I can't call 911, I recently got rid of any sort of communication device I had. So instead, I bolt out of my apartment and pound relentlessly on my neighbors doors. But, they doors just swing open. No one else is here. Scratch scratch scratchhh. My scream is hoarse from ow raw my throat has gotten. Why is no one here? Where did they all go? I fall to my knees, sobbing and screaming. I keep scratching and clawing at my face as the scratching continues. I finally found the source of the noise as the skin of my face starts tearing and ripping, it's in my head. Everything starts going dark in the peripherals of my vision as my body starts going limp. I feel my skull burst open as everything goes dark...

I have reread none of this so I hope its someone cohesive n not absolutely terrible. I haven't written a short story in a bit so heeere.
im the actual living dead... I will bite >:D
Old Posted 10-19-2020, 09:07 PM Reply With Quote