View Single Post
Developer
Well, I don't know so much about modern white. I haven't played a whole lot since... um... Onslaught. >.> I was still semi-active around the release of Mirrodin but after I graduated from college I really didn't have a whole lot of exposure to the game anymore and there's a whole bunch that's changed. I have no idea if white still represents the play style now that it represented circa 1999.

But what I can say is that you wouldn't say it was a surprise if you had known me at that time in my life. I was strongly Lawful Good at that point, to the point that some of my friends had nicknamed me "Paladin." (Though they remarked that I was one of the most Good paladins they'd ever encountered, as opposed to the "smite anything that doesn't strictly comply" mindset of the stereotypical adventuring paladin.)

I consider myself Neutral Good nowadays, pursuing the belief that the law should exist in the service of freedom (that is, tyrannical laws are bad, but without law you can't fairly protect people's rights), and the pursuit of freedom should strive to respect the rule of law (that is, if the law isn't oppressive or evil, don't flaunt it just because you can). I pursue this belief with a conviction that would be worthy of Lawful status in its own right if it wasn't for the fact that I place such a high value on balance (neutral) and freedom (chaotic).
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-22-2019, 10:39 PM Reply With Quote