View Single Post
Icy Footed
<u< Tbh, you really don't need a pap smear unless you've been sexually active. They say around age 21 is when every woman should get one, because it's an average age that most women have started to be sexually active. >-> But I've never been. And I'm 25. That test is only to test the cells on the cervical wall for abnormalities. It's to screen for cervical cancer, not for any stds. Unless you have a family history of cancer/cervical cancer, you don't really need one. Though it depends on the Gynocologist, most will not give you a pap smear unless you make an appointment for it. I learned that on my visit with my OB/GYN. Though he suggested I should get one the moment I become sexually active, even though, >w> I never plan on doing so...
though I told him I would consider the exam should anything concerning rise up regarding my reproductive health, like abnormal bleeding, pain, or foul discharge. >->; And I was serious. I would go in for testing if anything like that came up. <-< Not worth avoiding deep discomfort for something potentially fatal to get worse.
Anyway, hope that helps. <:/ If you aren't comfortable with a pap smear or a physical examination, you don't have to have one, especially if your periods are healthy. <:] And docs are usually very very empathetic in explaining everything and dispelling common fears.
The doc put me on low dose hormonal meds, as they will usually do, just to gradually get your body used to it, and no side effects will be as strongly present. I haven't noticed any really. :/ But then again, I've only been taking them for a month or two, and haven't had much change other than my periods starting to ease up more and more. :] Which is great.

Hehe, no they were all natural Native American herbs, -u- and some antihistamine in the medicine. >u> Got me drowsier than a Koala bear. <-<; And then the indigestion hit.
But I fell back asleep. >u>
And didn't wake up 'til 10. <.<;
It was nice, and not nice, because the sunlight was just all over the place blinding me awake. >~>
And nice, because I got to stay a bit drowsy and laze around for a bit in peace. <u<

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 09-29-2019, 09:36 PM Reply With Quote