View Single Post
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabbsworth View Post
theoretically, we could get an influx of people if we advertized some, given that VRChat is implementing anticheat that runs on a kernel level.

of course, that assumes that people still use forums or know how to use forum software, along with teaching them how to use the avatar portions of the site, given that we don't use 3d models that you can just get from an in-game browser.
Avatar sites are VR Chat games are two different categories at the end of the day. One is a forum the other is a open game you can play on vr or on desktop.

The people leaving VRchat will be going to Neos or Chillout.

Edit:
Quote:
Yeah they said they don't have money to pay the servers :< I'm so glad Toho has a real life job not related to avatar forums |D
Gaia needs money to get anything, Solia might be back with NFTs (??), Pantheon is dead, Voltra has the aforementioned issues...
Gaia is in this weird state of original developers coming back to a cow that was milked for all it's worth. Everyone left and moved onto new communities via reddit, discord and so on. Gaia sort of exists with all these terrible monetization practices they added in the last 10 years that they just won't abandoned because they need money.

Everything and it's code has became antiquated so they needed to update it. Now it just sort of exists as a former shell of itself with new members and some old members sort of just making a living there with a few thousand members.

Other sites are gone because of people leaving, was never able to attract an audience and activity just died down or money stopped.

Trisphee is relatively asleep now and what brought it back was the artist Glitch who came in and started single handedly working on items on the site. And when she unfortunately passed away so did the site. Only thing probably keeping Trisphee alive is Toho still footing the bill.

As for advertising Trisphee, I remember someone put money on Facebook ad for Trisphee to test it out for a second and I saw it. But I truly wonder if that ad actually reached out to anyone who wasn't already going onto the site.

Last edited by Illusion; 08-02-2022 at 04:32 AM.
Old Posted 08-02-2022, 04:19 AM Reply With Quote